Wednesday, May 31, 2006

rfb&d | this is WAR!

My cousin Steve Siegel, aside from being a marketing/fundraising guru at Claremont McKenna College, volunteers for the nonprofit RFB&D ("Recording for the Blind & Dyslexic"). For years I only heard about this organization. On Memorial Day I finally attended the big annual fundraising silent auction, which auctions mostly art by Claremont watercolor artists.

When I arrived I saw the gentle giant Michael Woodcock, an old graduate school friend. Little did I know that Herr Doktor Professor (ret. Pitzer College) Woodcock would have one of his artworks on display and up for auction. Not just any one of his pieces, but rather one of my FAVORITE Michael Woodcock pieces of all time.

Well, who knew I could be such an aggressive bitch! I WANTED that piece. I NEEDED that piece. THIS WAS WAR!!!!!

I outbid Walter Ebrahimzadeh, a Claremont gallerist (who showed my work back in the '80s). I outbid my cousin's boss. I hovered. I glared. I bared my teeth.

I won!

Mwaaa ha ha haaaaaaaaa.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My goodness, you've made up for lost time...

7/04/2006 8:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home