Monday, January 09, 2006

what would Freud say?

It has been YEARS since I touched Jokes and their Relation to the Subconscious. But I digress.

Sometimes when I teach digital art, I have to justify some of the things I ask my students to do. They argue with me about why I insist that they cull examples of vector-based and pixel-based images from the "real world" rather than just printing stuff out "from the net." And so on.

Anyway, today I started teaching a brand-new six-week intensive wintersession in digital drawing and painting. I asked my students to join my Art 56 yahoogroup. I wanted my students each to

(1) JOIN the yahoogroup

and then

(2) EMAIL the yahoogroup, as a test.

Of course, had they joined properly, each person would receive EVERY OTHER PERSON'S EMAIL, such is the nature of a simple yahoogroup. But I wanted those emails at least to be slightly worth reading. So I asked each person to include his/her favorite joke in the email.

Here, then, is a selection.........
(roll over, Sigmund)

Why did the farmer feed his cow money?
So he would get rich milk.

Who invented the first computer in Biblical Times?
Eve -- she had an Apple in one hand and a Wang in the other!

Why did the man lose his finger?
Now, that's no laughing matter.

When is a doctor at his worse?
When he loses his patients.

What is the definition of bravery?
A man with diarrhea chancing a fart.

My little niece loves going to the Web, and she keeps track of her passwords by writing them on Post-it notes. I noticed her Disney password was "GoofyMickeyMinniePluto" and so I asked her why it was so long.
"Because," my niece explained, "they said it had to be at least four characters."


Nurse walks into to a bank to get some checks endorsed. she reaches into her purse and expects to pull out a pen but instead she pulls out a rectal thermometer. Realizing that it is no pen indeed. she says, "perfect, now some @$$hole, has my pen."

Where does a dog go if he loses his tail?
The re-tail store.


There were three tomatoes walking down the street. a Papa tomato, a Mama tomato, and a Baby tomato. The Baby tomato starts lagging behind, so the Papa tomato gets really angry, and walks over to him and squashes him, and says.....
...ketchup!...


HOW DOES A REDNECK TAKE A BUBBLEBATH???
HE FARTS IN A PUDDLE.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home