Saturday, December 24, 2005

Runyon Canyon

I don't have a dog. I am allergic to cats and dogs now (the allergy has come on relatively recently), as well as bunnies and hamsters. This pisses me off. I used to be the only member of the Paley clan who was NOT allergic to animals. No more. I have joined the ranks of the Benadryl carriers, alas.

But I love cats and dogs.

So I take the occasional hike up Runyon Canyon and look at all the doggies (and their owners). Runyon Canyon is an off-leash dog park. Dogs run up to me with balls, check me out, sniffing and deciding.

I usually walk up with my girlfriend Rebecca. I say walk, because Rebecca is the REAL hiker. She takes the difficult climb. I take the easier, paved, less-steep incline. We go up separately, and then we walk back down together.

Anyway, I get my fill of doggies. I get an incredible view of L.A., I get a heart-pumping hike. AND I get to listen to Rebecca holding forth.

Mostly, I love the dogs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home